Friday, April 24, 2009

Posting of my experience from the MCDC

I am 46 years old. I served 16 years in the Army including 1 year in Iraq for OIF II; Mar 04-Mar 05. Having devoted so much of my life to the defense of this great country, it only seems right that I be involved in direct support of the defense along our Southern Border given the fact that our own gov’t won’t.

I have had two Korean wives over my life, having gone through all the required steps to bring them here legally. I know all too well the humiliation, difficulty and frustration in dealing with the immigration process.

But we are a nation of laws and principles. Fair play meant something when I was growing up. My parents taught me to wait my turn in line and that “line cutters” lacked character and integrity. They taught me the honor of waiting patiently for my turn.

Nowadays that doesn’t mean much. Lie, cheat or steal to get what you want. Cut in line on the freeway. Be rude and cut in line at the supermarket. Cut in line instead of being polite. Get away with what you can. This now includes cut in line to come to America.

I am not against immigration. I am against illegal immigration because of the fact that these people sit on the fringes getting all the benefits of being here with few bearing the burden of paying for it. They have no loyalty to this country or the citizens who made it what it is. Most just want to cut in line, get the benefits of being here and share that with their loved ones also here illegally or send money to the country they fled from where their family is located. The bottom line is everyone who wants to come here cannot. Just because your country is horrific does not mean you have a right to break into ours.

Finally, Theodore Roosevelt said it best:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” Theodore Roosevelt 1907

The most important job I have as a parent is to insure that my kids HAVE a country to grow up and live in that believes and practices Freedom, Liberty and has Responsible Citizens.

No comments: